Thursday, September 10, 2009

WannaBees Field Trip - Intown Quilters

The WannaBees went on a field trip today to Intown Quilters. We were in search of the perfect focus fabric for our first ever challenge/group quilt. I was very excited, since I've never made it to IQ before, and have heard the rave reviews. It did not disappoint!

Lynn was my cooperative model, showing off some of the fabrics she chose to go in her block. Don't you want to just run your hands down that wall behind her? I didn't even know where to begin.

They have a selection of batiks to die for, and a bright, well-organized shop that is a delight to roam. I loved the wide selection of books and patterns and fabrics, and the staff was so helpful - even when we pulled out a bunch of bolts and lingered awhile.

This is the half-price room in the basement, next door to the huge room where they teach classes. I could have done some serious damage here if I hadn't been on a strict plan to buy for my block and stay focused on the 9,246 UFOs I have waiting for me at home.

This is what I finally chose. The blue and the little Kaffe Fassett fat quarter (the picture doesn't do it justice) on top will be in everyone's block. The coral-y looking one just called out to me. All in all, I thought I did pretty well on my resolution since I was the only one who didn't leave with a shopping bag! Of course we finished off our day with lunch so we could chat some more.

If you're ever in Atlanta, be sure to stop by Intown Quilters. It's definitely worth the trip. Thanks for coming with us, if only via blog.

2 comments:

  1. I wrote about our trip too.

    We really had a good time and enjoyed being with the WannaBees.

    Ben and Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viva la Intown Quilters!

    I have a $100 gift certificate from my birthday to go spend. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...