Sunday, September 13, 2009

Houseworks Holiday Plan Week 3 - Me and Mine Week



Week 2 of Houseworks Holiday Plan was a little tricky. Between the kids having both Monday and Tuesday off school, and Gracie being home sick Thursday and Friday, I don't feel like I got a lot accomplished.

One thing I did check off the list, which feels great, is cleaning out the kids art supplies cabinet. It is really just three shelves of my pantry, but had been crammed with partially used paper, dried out markers, and the stray can of beans that wouldn't fit on one of the higher shelves. I pulled it all out, pitched an entire trash bag worth of junk, and organized it into one big bin and one shelf for paper, books, and kits.

Week Three is Me and Mine Week. It is a huge week with lots of important tasks too important to skip. The big clean is the Master Bedroom. I don't know if you're like me, but that's always the last room to get any attention. I love this week because my room finally looks loved, but it is a huge amount of work!

The other big job is to inventory the gift closet and wrapping supplies. If you send holiday cards, you have a lot to do this week as well. I will have to discuss whether we want to stick to our resolution from last year not to send them to anyone with an email address, or if we are going to cave to peer pressure and mail them again. The waste of paper kills me, but I do love getting pictures of my friends' kids. Decisions decisions!
  • Monday - Declutter MBR drawers, cabinets, and shelves.
  • Tuesday - Begin holiday email list and letter. Put pictures to include in one folder.
  • Wednesday - Deep declutter and clean of MBR Closet
  • Thursday - Inventory gift closet; add any possibilities to the Master Gift List.
  • Friday - Dust and vacuum MBR, moving furniture and cleaning under bed, etc.
  • Saturday - Update framed photos, decor, etc.
What is your bedroom like? A haven for rest or the dumping ground for the rest of the house? This week, take some time to make it into a place you love to be, your own little island of serenity.

Hope you have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...