Tuesday, September 1, 2009

a better tUesday with Jillian Michaels

It's been another week with Jillian and MYM.

In the book, she claims that after two weeks of eating this way, you'd never go back. I laughed at that two weeks ago, but am starting to wonder if she's right.

I am still not hungry. I am still walking Daisy like crazy (20 miles last week!). I'm starting to be able to go to the grocery store without having the book in my hand. The more energy thing must be finally kicking in because, while I'm still falling into bed at night, now it's because I come home from my walk and clean and get stuff done all day. Just last week I was coming home from walking and collapsing into a heap until I could muster the energy to shower!

Our biggest challenge this week was the third grade social. They have these mixers at the start of every school year so that the parents can get to know one another. Everyone brings an appetizer, and the alcohol flows liberally. Although drinking tempts me not at all, a table of spinach dip and mini quiches has been known to waylay me.

Our plan to get through it was for my walking buddy and her family to come over early so we could enjoy a healthy meal together. We made the most filling and satisfying one we've found (yep, those pepperjack burgers!) so we wouldn't feel like we were missing anything. Then we brushed our teeth and set off for the party. I set my appetizer down (homemade hummus - who knew it was so easy?) and left the room where the food was. I got a cup of water and made the rounds, visiting with all of our friends. By the end of the night, my friend and I had only had water and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

And my most fun moment of the week? I went shopping with my walking buddy. I had to return a birthday gift to Talbots. For my birthday party, I had bought my outfit there. The skirt I originally tried on and loved was just a little too casual for the party, so I reluctantly left it in the store. But on Friday it was 25% off and I had a credit! Joy! They didn't have my size. I decided to try the next size down, just for grins. I couldn't have been more excited when it fit, easily! w00t! My friend tried on a sweater that swam on her, and ended up going down two sizes before finding the one that looked right!

So I guess you want numbers:
My friend has lost another pound, for a three week total of 16.5 lbs.
My husband has lost 1.5 more pounds - and I have to note that he did not go to the social and only drink ice water. Ahem. (9.5 lbs in 2 weeks).
I have lost 3 more pounds ( 9 lbs in 2 weeks)!

I also measured my waist. It is tricky to measure on yourself, and last week I wasn't sure, but now there's no denying that I have lost at least an inch!

No doubt about it now, something is working. It's like a snowball rolling down the hill, too, because the more I lose the more motivated I am. We missed our walk on Friday due to pouring rain, but went out Saturday afternoon in the heat of the day to make up for it, something we've never done. I truly missed it.

I hope you have a better tUesday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...