Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Going to Guild - Karla Alexander

This month our guild invited Karla Alexander of Saginaw Street Quilt Company to share her program "Lifting the Quilts Out of Your Stash."

 
It felt good to get back to the guild.  I had missed a few meetings and we've had some meetings that were not "normal" due to the show and the challenge, so I think the last regular meeting with a program that I attended was Ann Hazelwood back in June!


Karla shared the story of her quilting roots and how she became such a quilting rebel.  I love her philosophy that a quilt is a touchstone that connects to the past, to people and times we love.  I also love the idea of breaking quilting rules. 

The quilt below is made with one of Karla's Creative Grid rulers.   I believe this one uses the Split Second Ruler.


While using many traditional blocks and techniques, Karla adds her own personal stamp to each design.  In my mind, that's the definition of a modern quilter!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...