Monday, September 20, 2010

We Have A Winner!


Actually, we have several winners, but the big news is...




Drum roll please...





WannaBee at the Ocean won 2 blue ribbons!  One for Best Group Quilt and one for Best Original Design.  It was very exciting!


My momma was right.  If you hang out with winners, people will think you are one!  To show you what great company I was in, Ben won several additional ribbons.  He took second place in the Small Applique category and first in the Mixed Technique category.

Ben with Show Chair, Melissa Sheppard, in front of our donation quilt.

Caroline is clearly a winner since the two group quilts in which she participated won first and second place in that category:
Caroline (far left) with the Nimble Thimble Bee and Melissa

Lene won two blue ribbons for Best Small Pieced Quilt and Best Small Applique Quilt.  She was being shy and had to be practically dragged into the picture.

But the best part of the evening was that Jackie was able to "bee" with us for the ribbon ceremony and a group photo.   It was awesome to have all eight of us together to celebrate.

Congratulations to my fellow WannaBees and all of the winners!  Voting was tough with so much quilty goodness to choose from. 

Tomorrow:  I'll show you the quilts I entered...and explain why they didn't win!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the quilt show. I love your entries. I thought the sea life entry was one I had seen at a local show. They are different, but I had to go back and look.

    I try to read your blog in Google Reader and none of the links show up and only part of the blog posts show up. I don't know if that is intentional or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...