Friday, November 27, 2009

Sesamoiditis and Belly Dancing

So the first thing I'm going to tell you is about Better U or MYM with Jillian Michaels.

Halloween derailed me a little bit with the eating, and I got a little lax with my diet. With some ups and downs and stay-the-sames, I'm only down about 22 lbs total. I can't complain, but I do need to get with it again.

We were just starting to bump up our mileage to 5 a day when my foot started hurting. Not wanting to go down that same path as my friend last year (plantar fascitis) I immediately saw an orthopedist.

The good news is that I don't have that. Instead I have sesamoiditis, which is basically a pain in the ball of the foot. I am preening a bit that it is most common in active young people. HA!

The bad news is that I can't walk for my exercise, or anything else that puts an impact on that part of my foot, for 3 months. I broke down, joined a gym, and have been on the bike for the last 5 days. I can't say that I love it, but I don't want to lose all the progress I've made.

As for sweet Daisy, she is miserably unhappy. Obviously I can't take her to the gym. I've got the boys taking her in the morning and evening, but they just don't have the time to walk her as far as I was going.

I am hopeful that after the 3 months I will be able to go back to my walks, even if it means shorter distances, but the doctor just said, "we'll see." (According to my kids, that means no.)

Meanwhile, my friend is thisclose to hitting her 50 lb goal! It is so exciting and motivating. As a celebration for 40 lbs, she has arranged a belly dancing class for about 15 of us. That should be a fun time for everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tomorrow I will update you on actual quilt related items of interest. Yes, there are finished quilts in tomorrow's post. I know you'll hardly be able to sleep tonight!

Hope you all had a great Black Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...