Thursday, January 9, 2014

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - Wood Bottomed Purses

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.

Today's projects are some wood bottomed purses that (I think) a fellow guild member designed several years ago.  These are clever little tote bags with a piece of 2x4 on the bottom.  You make the whole bag - including lining, pockets, and handle - and then fit it around the edges of the board inside out.  A staple gun around the edges holds it in place; then you flip it right side out and add the decorative tacks to finish it. 

I made these two for the school auction one year.  I can't even remember how long ago this was!

This bag was made for my MiL one year for Christmas.  At the time, she and a group of friends were taking tap dancing together on Monday afternoons.  This bag was just the right size for her tap shoes.  
I made several others to give as gifts, but these are the ones I could find pictures of.  They were a great way to show off a border print or novelty fabric, and I had a lot of fun making them. 

Do you have an old mature holiday craft to share with us this week?








1 comment:

  1. Board bottom box bag, say that 3 times fast. Interesting design. Looks like they kept you busy. Don't you hate it when you can't find pictures of what you have done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...