Monday, January 27, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Chasing the SAD Away


It's Menu Plan Monday and we are working the FitBit over here!  It's amazing how competition can get us moving.  I'm taking the stairs every time I have to go anywhere at work, and trying to stay in motion during the day.  The Pit Boss, on the other hand, is going all out.  He has already earned his 50 flights and his 15,000 steps badges, and will get on the elliptical at night just to surpass me if I have a good day.  The dogs are in 7th Heaven, loving the long walks every day, and we are all in a better mood.

The other thing I've noticed this winter is that I'm not having my normal winter blahs - or what's probably a mild case of Seasonal Affective Disorder.  I'm sure the combination of activity and healthier eating helps, but mostly I think it's because my desk is in a hundred foot atrium with north and south facing windows that go all the way to the roof.  Even on the dreariest of days, I am surrounded by natural light for hours. 

This week we are blissfully free from evening activities, so I'm planning to do some extra cooking and make a few freezer meals for the crazy weeks that are sure to return soon.

My user name on My Fitness Pal is QJ2013 if you want to be friends.


MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter
What's on your menu?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...