Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WiP Wednesday - The Sudoku Quilt

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

This week I've been working fast and furious on my father's birthday quilt, the sudoko quilt.    Tomorrow I will have instructions in case you'd like to make one like mine.


I pieced the blocks last week, added the sashing and borders over the weekend, sandwiched it yesterday and also got all the stitch in the ditch and the grey borders quilted. 

It's going well, but I keep having this happen:

 
Can you see what the white thread is doing?  I have rethreaded and put in a new needle about three times.  It isn't happening a lot, but enough that it's annoying.  I have no idea what causes this.  Suggestions are welcome. 

My goal is to have the blocks quilted today so I can bind it and add the label tomorrow, wash and wrap it on Friday, and relax on Saturday!

Ha!  Like that's going to happen.  Saturday is graduation and my dad's birthday.  It's going to be all kinds of busy, but the good kind.

Hope you are having a great week.  What are you working on?




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny- My machine does that sometimes as well, and I never have figured it out. Have you tried 1) jiggling it? or 2) turning it on and off? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...