Sunday, May 5, 2013

Visiting the Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild

After literally months of trying to get to an Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild meeting, I finally made it today thanks to a torrential rain all weekend, which caused all of the lacrosse games to be cancelled.

I was happy about this for several reasons.  First, of course, just to be there and meet everyone.  Second, I was able to deliver Pam's prize from my 5th Blogoversary Giveaway in person.  This not only saved postage, but was also exciting because I got to see several of her recent projects (Petrillo Bag, Aeroplane Bag, and the signature quilt) in person.


The speaker, Judy Alexander, was awesome.  Her landscape quilts and other art quilts were amazing just to look at, but then she threw in all kinds of tips and tricks.  It's hard to believe she's only been quilting slightly longer than I've been blogging.  I must be a slow learner!


 
The last best thing about this visit was that I finally found the last fabric I needed for my dad's 70th birthday sudoku quilt.  And not a moment too soon!  His birthday is in 13 days, and I'm going to have to channel Pam to get it done in time.  Luckily I don't have much else going on right now.

HA!  Deuce graduates the same day, Grace is in a lacrosse tournament all next weekend, there's Mother's Day to think about, I have a commission quilt that should be done already and another one due in June, plus yet another medical test tomorrow morning.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures.  I set my camera down somewhere in a safe place and I have to spend a few minutes to find it again. 



2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you could make it, and for such a great speaker, too! Sending Pam Waves your way for speedy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I leave town for a few weeks and you choose this month to come to a meeting! Please come back, it is a really great group of quilters. I hate I missed this meeting. My sister-in-law, Jan, said it was fabulous. Once in awhile Kate shows up.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...