Monday, October 3, 2011

Do U Uberfest?


There are so many blog hops and quilt alongs going on right now, it's hard to rein yourself in.  I was going to restrict myself to one at a time and focus on the Bloggers Block of the Month, but then I saw Scott Hanson's Quilt-Uberfest over at Blue Nickel Studios.  Let's face it - this will be over before the next Bloggers BOM comes out, so that's not bad, is it?

I'm still on a stash diet, so I couldn't indulge in the gorgeous Sleeping Beauty line that the designers are using.  I decided to use this adorable snowman fabric and a white with a hint of glitter.  I have no idea why I have fabric with glitter.  Don't judge.


Above is my block one, published October 1.  It was designed by John Adams aka Quilt Dad.  It's a cute little block, isn't it?  I wonder what a whole quilt of these would look like?


This is my block 2, Flying North, designed by Miss Print aka Kaye Prince.  It think you could do a lot with this block, swapping around the fabrics where the flying geese are or even putting a different patchwork there.

I can't wait to check out the next 14 days of blocks!  If you decide to join in, come show off your blocks at SeamedUP!  This quilt along has been added to the pattern library so we can all see each other's blocks as we quilt along.

Don't forget to add me as a friend.  I'm QuiltinJenny over there and would love to see you.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...