Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Greater Atlanta Shop Hop 2011 - Quilts & Fixin's

All aboard the Shop Hop Express!  Today we're going to Jonesboro to a wonderful shop called Quilts & Fixin's. 

Although I have been to this shop numerous times, they were all P.B. (pre blog) and I can't find any pictures.  This is the shop closest to my BQF, Pam.  I got her hooked on quilting years ago, and we used to go on weekend retreats and meet up on the Shop Hop.  But Pam went to the dark side.  Pam left me.  Pam got a J-O-B.

Don't get me wrong.  Pam loves her job.  But the job seriously cuts into our quilting time.

As payback, I'm going to show you one of my favorite pictures of Pam.  One she's probably forgotten I have.  This is Pam doing the "Walk Like an Egyptian" dance across the finish line at the March of Dimes WalkAmerica in Centennial Olympic Park.


Sorry...I got a little sidetracked there.  Anyway, it's a great shop and very convenient off I-75 south of Atlanta, so if you can't make the Shop Hop but maybe you're driving south over Spring Break, you can probably convince your hubby to swing by.   For the Quilter's Tour of Homes theme, they chose a farmhouse.  So come by and sit a spell, meet up with an old friend and talk quilts.  Say hi to Pam if you see her!


Oh!  One more thing.  I mentioned the charms for the bracelet, but at each shop along the hop you will also get a free quilt block pattern.  Tomorrow I'll show you another surprise that will make you really look forward to picking up each pattern!

For all the news about the Shop Hop, follow their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...