Friday Fill-Ins - my answers are in bold. I had fun figuring out the correct words and the books they are from. I am proud to say I have read 4 of the 6 books (the first four) and loved them all.
This week, I took the first sentence in 6 of my favorite books...you fill them in...with the right words or even better, ones of your own.
And...here we go!
1. "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit." [The Hobbit]
2. "You don't know about me without you have read a book by the name of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer; but that ain't no matter." [The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn]
3. "After dark the rain began to fall again, but he had already made up his mind to go and anyway it had been raining for weeks.." [The Story of Edgar Sawtelle]
4. "A wild, ringing neigh shrilled up from the hold of the Spanish galleon." [Misty of Chincoteague]
5. "There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife."
[The Graveyard Book]
6. "Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, often violently, just like love." [The Gargoyle]
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with Mom and Dad, tomorrow my plans include LAX if the rain ever stops, and Sunday, I want to see if I can get my computer and printer to play nicely together!
Have a great weekend!