It's Menu Plan Monday and last week was full of fail on the cooking and exercising front. I forgot to take things out of the freezer, I forgot to put things in the crock pot, and I never made the bread dough for soup night. There were a lot of sandwiches last week, despite my meal planning and shopping. It was like I had a mental block about it.
This week I'm going to try my mom's old advice about looking at tomorrow's menu while making tonight's dinner. Sometimes you just need to pull something out to thaw, but sometimes you can go ahead and make a marinade or even a whole crock pot dish for the next day.
My FitBit finally had a busy day on Saturday when TPB and I took George and Daisy on a long walk around the neighborhood and then I ran up and down the stairs to get the 50 floors badge. The scale isn't really budging at the moment, mostly due to the fact that it is always someone's birthday at work, and the lovely people there are so thoughtful to share cake with the receptionists. Also, due to the fact that I have no will power.
the news from Ben and Jerry? Just FYI, it's awesome.
My user name on My Fitness Pal is QJ2013 if you want to be friends.
MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter
- Sunday - Hamburgers on the grill (this is what I forgot to thaw last week - luckily it was sunny and 70 again.), Oven Roasted Potato "Fries"
- Monday - Crock Pot Kid Friendly Turkey Chili
- Tuesday - Baked Pasta with Sausage and Spinach
- Wednesday - Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Creamy Crock Pot Risotto
- Thursday - Chicken and Dumplings, mixed green salad
- Friday - Leftovers/YOYO
- Saturday - date night