It's Menu Plan Monday and the girls at work have issued a two week clean eating challenge. There's so much information out there on this super trendy topic that TPB and I decided to make it as easy as possible and use - pretty much word for word - the Eating Clean Plan from Melissa of Bless This Mess. If you're like me, just dipping your toe in the water, she has a great attitude and plan that makes it seem not completely impossible.
My FitBit is officially lost, but part of the work challenge is at least twenty minutes a day of cardio. I'm totally auto posting this, but hopefully I dragged myself onto the elliptical this morning. Fingers crossed.
This couldn't come a moment too soon. We've fallen off the wagon, hard, and the numbers on the scale are creeping back up. I've been cooking mostly healthy dinners and eating steel cut oats for breakfast a lot of mornings, but lunch and all my in between "cheats" are a problem. My brother and his family have booked their tickets for July 4th, and we will practically be living by the pool that weekend. No one wants to see me in a bathing suit right now, so I've got to get it together.
PS...please don't write and tell me what is wrong with this plan or how it is not really "clean eating." I don't care. It's a step in the right direction, and we can fine tune the details once we get a routine going again.
My user name on My Fitness Pal is QJ2013 if you want to be friends.
MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter
- Sunday - MUS'GO - everything in the fridge MUST GO!
- Monday - Healthy Tetrazzini with Chicken and Broccoli
- Tuesday - Quick and Easy Stir-fry
- Wednesday - Whole Wheat Overnight Pizza, mixed green salad
- Thursday - Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Breast with Fresh Corn and Zucchini Succotash
- Friday - Perfect Baked Potatoes with Spinach Cucumber Strawberry Salad (salad from Cafe Johnsonia)
- Saturday - Black bean burgers (Back to her Roots) on whole wheat buns with perfect oven fries and/or spicy baked zucchini wedges (Cafe Johnsonia)