Saturday, July 20, 2013

Star Surround Quilt Along



Have you seen this beautiful quilt and the quilt-a-long?  Pam sucker punched me by posting a link to it on Facebook, and I'm in love!

I need another project like a hole in the head, but people around me keep making new people, so I'm going to simplify my life and make this fabulous Star Surround instead of trying to design a whole new quilt with interesting colors and secondary designs that will just get pushed to the side and not done til the last minute.

What, I didn't tell you?  My kids are going to have a brand new cousin!  We are beyond excited, especially since this is a bonus surprise extra cousin.  Those are the best!  My sister-in-law is due with baby #3 in the beginning of December, so I've convinced myself that this quilt along is more of an exercise in preparation and proper planning and less of a "Squirrel!" moment.

I think I'm going to make the 3 x 3 scrappy layout for the new cousin, but I have to wait for Mom to come home from visiting them to pick out fabric.  In the spirit of the quilt along, I've decided to make a single 16" or 24" block to make into a pillow and blog it on that schedule. 

I pulled these fabrics today and am trying to decide if it is over the top or modern and fun.


What do you think?

Are you joining this quilt along?  I can't wait to see everyone's pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...