Thursday, December 22, 2011

Modern Blocks Quilt Along - Follow the Leader

My next block in the Modern Blocks Quilt Along over at SeamedUP is called Follow the Leader, by Sherri McConnell.



This is a great block to use all kinds of scraps.  You could make a really funky quilt with this.  I was having so much fun that I made it twice with the same fabrics in different positions.  Just kidding.  I really cut twice as many pieces as I needed by accident!

I chose to use a different technique for making the flying geese than the one in the book.  I like this one a lot - no wonky bias edges and it makes them super quick!

 
Are you participating in the quilt along?  Download the e-book and join us!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...