Friday, December 16, 2011

Modern Blocks Quilt Along - Checkers


Today's block in the Modern Blocks Quilt Along over at SeamedUP is called "Checkers" and it was designed by Monika Wintermantel.

As any regular readers know, I do NOT do applique.  I just don't.  I chose this block because I love my pups and thought this was adorable.  I felt it would force me out of my comfort zone, but not too far out.  Plus, how hard could it be?  It's just fused, raw-edge applique on the machine.  Easy peasy.

And it was.  Monika has another similar block in the book called "House on the Hill."  In that pattern she mentions how cute this would be for a block swap.  Can you imagine?  I would love for everyone in our bee group to make this with their house or dog or favorite quilting notion.  The possibilities are endless!

This is also a great block for using up scraps. 

Are you participating in the quilt along?  Download the e-book and join us!




 

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    This is so cute. I love the fabrics that you chose and the little lines that show the cute puppy's tail wagging.
    Jodi B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...