It's Menu Plan Monday and I'm leaning hard on routine; I'm using familiar and favorite recipes, planning pasta for the night before a cross country meet, fish on the night Gracie won't be home for dinner, and a Saturday date night.
My Middle Child (MMC) just wrote an insightful college application essay about the importance of routines during time of stress, uncertainty, or chaos, and it really hit home for me at this busy time of year.
Speaking of college applications, we just got this in the mail Saturday:
It's especially fun to get the first one. As he said, we know he's going to college somewhere!
- Sunday - Sirloin Steak with Avacado Salad, baked potatoes
- Monday - Pollo Sabroso, yellow rice, oven roasted green beans
- Tuesday - Slow Cooked Jerk Pork with Caribbean Salsa over brown rice
- Wednesday - Easiest Pasta and Broocoli [with shrimp]
- Thursday - Asian Salmon with Vegetables (recipe from package of Cedar Papers)
- Friday - Leftover Buffet
- Saturday - Date Night!