Monday, May 5, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Cinco de Mayo and Comfort Food


It's Menu Plan Monday and all my chicks are in the roost. It was a stressful week last week with Deuce's finals and the storms rolling through Tuscaloosa. Instead of a Cinco de Mayo themed week of recipes I'm making a week of the least healthy recipes I could find old family favorites and comfort food. 


I did, however, make these Churro Truffles to bring to quilt guild tonight. I'm not such a huge fan of cinnamon and sugar, but my family inhaled the extras and assured me that they are awesome. 

I'm getting back into the routine of wearing my FitBit again, but have not been breaking any records. I don't have much in the way of excuses since the weather is gorgeous and I'm sleeping better now that my boy is home.

  • Sunday - Country Fried Steak, black eyed peas, mashed potatoes, fried corn
  • Monday - out for pizza
  • Tuesday - hamburgers on the grill, potato salad, cole slaw
  • Wednesday -Pollo Sabroso, yellow rice, grilled mixed vegetables
  • Thursday - Korean Ribs, brown rice, oven roasted asparagus
  • Friday - fried pork chops, leftover yellow rice, caesar salad
  • Saturday -leftover buffet
What's on your menu?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...