Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WiP Wednesday - Stitch by Stitch

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

I haven't had much in progress to post about in awhile, but I'm really trying to sew at least a few seams a day. Just like with cooking, cleaning, or exercising (or not, as the case may be), the more I sew the more I sew, if you know what I mean.


Quite frankly, I'm getting sick of this spider web quilt hanging around. It doesn't seem like it should be taking this long to finish, especially since both Jodi and Lynn finished theirs ages ago. The whole quilt is eighty wedges, which make twenty blocks. And even though it feels like I've done about a million of them, I've actually made forty wedges, or enough for ten blocks. I'm only halfway finished.

My plan is to make four wedges a day, which takes less than an hour. If I can do that, I'll be done with the wedges in ten days and can then start laying it out. I'm sure I'll do some agonizing about the arrangement and possibility of borders, but that should keep me on track to finish this quarter.

This week has been good. I made four wedges Monday and four more yesterday, and that's on top of the new throw pillows I am working on for the couch. I'm hoping to show you those by Friday.

What's in progress at your place this Wednesday?



7 comments:

  1. hope your plans for your quilt come off. Its great to break it into smaller steps... lets us see progress. Intrigued by your spider web quilt. I heard someone talking about them on a podcast

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same thing happen with some of my projects. Just better to finish them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get your spider web blocks done with a plan like that. I love them. May have to start one soon. Are yours foundation pieced or paper pieced?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are paper pieced - sort of. No lines to follow, but use a paper foundation. It is Bonnie Hunter's pattern found here: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/string-spider-web.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are so intricate! Looking forward to seeing the finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...