Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Modern Blocks Quilt Along - A Twist of Lemon

My last Modern Block is A Twist of Lemon by Ellen Luckett Baker 

I don't have much of a garment sewing background, so I don't think I've ever made pleats.  This block intimidated me at first, but the directions are great and it went together so simply.  I'm really proud of how it turned out.  I think this would be a gorgeous pillow to add texture and a pop of color to a room.

And that's that!  I'm so happy that I did this quilt along 100% from my stash and didn't buy a single scrap of fabric.  Even if each block was one 12 1/2" square (believe me, they weren't) I used up about four yards of fabric.  I would love to know how much I really used!

I hope you've enjoyed the quilt along posts.  It has been fun for me and prompted me to step outside my comfort zone.  I also sewed more often over the last few months.  Have you participated in a quilt along?  Does it help keep you inspired or bore you?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...