Monday, August 24, 2009

A Better better tUesday - Thank You Jillian Michaels

It's a short list of things that make me happier than stepping on a scale and seeing a smaller number. Unfortunately most of those things make me weigh more (babies, chocolate ice cream).

After working all summer and seeing virtually no progress, either on the tape measure or the scale, I finally have some results to cheer about.

Before I tell you the results, I want to say that I logged 19 miles with Daisy this week. There is nothing that keeps a puppy happy and out of trouble like lots of exercise, and she is no exception. She could go further - on the cool days she isn't even tired after 4 miles. But I am!

I have been faithful to the Master Your Metabolism plan in Jillian's book, with a brief side trip on Saturday night for a birthday party. I was still careful and skipped the cake, but it wasn't the usual dinner. I have to say, it isn't as hard as I expected. I haven't been hungry once. Some of the food tastes better than other, but even the kids are tasting new things. Last night we had pepper jack burgers with jalapeno dipping sauce, and they loved it. Gracie skipped the sauce, but the boys declared it a new favorite meal. I'm not cooking separate meals for everyone else because we all need to eat healthier food, even if the kids don't need to lose weight. And I'm not worried about any health risks, because everything I'm eating is real food. This isn't some plan that gives you a shake for breakfast, 2 pills for lunch, and some crazy food combination for dinner; it's whole, simple food. No food groups are banned, no one food is going to fix everything. It's a balance.

Anyway, off my advertising soapbox. I'm not trying to push this at all, just sharing my astonishment and happiness. Who knows? It might all go back up tomorrow.

But this week, my friend (who lost 10 lbs last week) has lost another 5.5 lbs.
My husband (who is under the care of an endocrinologist and still struggles with his weight) lost 8 lbs.
I have lost 6 lbs!

I don't know what else to say except thank you, Jillian! For the first time in a long time I feel like I am taking action that has results. I can't wait to see what another week will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...