Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thank you, thank you very much!

I am very belatedly posting this award, given by the divine Miss M,(my quilt guild and birthday buddy) Melissa. I probably don't deserve it after going MONTHS without posting, but since it is my first ever award I am keeping it. So there.

Here are the rules:
  1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
  2. Link to the person you received your award from.
  3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
  4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
  5. Leave a message on the blogs you’ve nominated.
  6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking everybody’s mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant!
  7. Melissa's addition to the rules: List seven random facts about yourself. (she added this one, 'cause she thought there should be seven rules since you nominate seven bloggers and everyone knows seven is a great number, right?)
I'd like to thank Kate, whom I would nominate if Melissa hadn't already, for piquing my curiosity about this whole blogging thing when she started making her own laundry detergent. I mean, who wouldn't want to read about that, right? (Don't laugh! You all did!) And of course Melissa and all of my quilty friends at guild. My kids and my goldfish and my parents and my sweet beagle boy, Divot, may he rest in peace. Am I forgetting anyone???

Oh, sorry, Honey! I didn't mean to leave out my wonderful husband, who patiently funds my quilting (and pays for high speed wi-fi) without too much grumbling, lovingly nods when I ask him if he prefers cornerstones or an on point layout, and didn't divorce me when I got myself nominated guild president. I love you so much!

Seven random, but true, Jenny facts:
  1. I went to eight different schools growing up - not counting Lollyboppers for preschool or FSU for college. (Go 'Noles!)
  2. I was Mrs. Santa in my kindergarten play, and I knew everyone's lines.
  3. I did my student teaching at The Queens School in Kew, England.
  4. I cannot eat veal or lamb ever since my high school ethics class. It isn't a moral or dietary thing, but I can't get the images out of my head after 20 years when I even contemplate eating them. Oddly, reading grisly true crime books and blogs does not bother me.
  5. I am a mystery/true crime junkie. When Scott Peterson was on trial for killing Laci and Conner, I was getting text updates pushed to my cell phone from CourtTV so I wouldn't miss a thing. I blame this on being born the same month that the Manson Family killed Sharon Tate and so many others.
  6. I make an awesome White Chocolate Cheesecake.
  7. I take down as many of my Christmas decorations as possible on 12/26 so that my oldest child's birthday pictures on 12/27 don't look Christmas-y.
I would like to nominate:
  1. Faster Than Kudzu, Joshilyn Jackson's blog, which makes me laugh til I cry, and also wish I could write like that.
  2. No Fear Entertaining, which makes me believe I can cook for other people and has never steered me wrong. Beautiful, delicious food.
  3. In Cold Blog. My true crime fix for the day. Not for the squeamish.
  4. Seth Godin's Blog. Marketing Genius. If you work for a living, bookmark this page.
  5. Angry Chicken. A little dash of creative living in every post.
  6. A Year of Crock Potting. I'm not sure this one counts since the year is over, but the recipes are still there. The crock pot is your magic friend that ensures a healthy dinner even when lacrosse practice and quilt guild overlap, or you spend too much time on the computer to bother with one of those recipes from No Fear Entertaining!
  7. Soule Mama. One of the most beautifully written and photographed blogs I visit. I especially enjoy when Papa takes over and posts his own thoughts and images. It's breathtaking.
As you can see, I'm an eclectic girl. It really isn't all about the quilts. Some of these blogs are so popular that I'm certain they've been nominated before, but these are the ones I count on daily. I hope you take the time to visit some of them and maybe expand your own interests a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...