Here are the rules:
- The winner can put the logo on their blog.
- Link to the person you received your award from.
- Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
- Put links of those blogs on yours.
- Leave a message on the blogs you’ve nominated.
- Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking everybody’s mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant!
- Melissa's addition to the rules: List seven random facts about yourself. (she added this one, 'cause she thought there should be seven rules since you nominate seven bloggers and everyone knows seven is a great number, right?)
Oh, sorry, Honey! I didn't mean to leave out my wonderful husband, who patiently funds my quilting (and pays for high speed wi-fi) without too much grumbling, lovingly nods when I ask him if he prefers cornerstones or an on point layout, and didn't divorce me when I got myself nominated guild president. I love you so much!
Seven random, but true, Jenny facts:
- I went to eight different schools growing up - not counting Lollyboppers for preschool or FSU for college. (Go 'Noles!)
- I was Mrs. Santa in my kindergarten play, and I knew everyone's lines.
- I did my student teaching at The Queens School in Kew, England.
- I cannot eat veal or lamb ever since my high school ethics class. It isn't a moral or dietary thing, but I can't get the images out of my head after 20 years when I even contemplate eating them. Oddly, reading grisly true crime books and blogs does not bother me.
- I am a mystery/true crime junkie. When Scott Peterson was on trial for killing Laci and Conner, I was getting text updates pushed to my cell phone from CourtTV so I wouldn't miss a thing. I blame this on being born the same month that the Manson Family killed Sharon Tate and so many others.
- I make an awesome White Chocolate Cheesecake.
- I take down as many of my Christmas decorations as possible on 12/26 so that my oldest child's birthday pictures on 12/27 don't look Christmas-y.
- Faster Than Kudzu, Joshilyn Jackson's blog, which makes me laugh til I cry, and also wish I could write like that.
- No Fear Entertaining, which makes me believe I can cook for other people and has never steered me wrong. Beautiful, delicious food.
- In Cold Blog. My true crime fix for the day. Not for the squeamish.
- Seth Godin's Blog. Marketing Genius. If you work for a living, bookmark this page.
- Angry Chicken. A little dash of creative living in every post.
- A Year of Crock Potting. I'm not sure this one counts since the year is over, but the recipes are still there. The crock pot is your magic friend that ensures a healthy dinner even when lacrosse practice and quilt guild overlap, or you spend too much time on the computer to bother with one of those recipes from No Fear Entertaining!
- Soule Mama. One of the most beautifully written and photographed blogs I visit. I especially enjoy when Papa takes over and posts his own thoughts and images. It's breathtaking.