Wednesday, February 15, 2017

WiP Wednesday - Quilt for a Cure - Operation Smiley

Saturday the WannaBees got together for a few hours. So many of us have gone back to work full time that it's been harder and harder to meet. Lately we've been trying to get together one Saturday morning a month.

quilts for cure operation smiley for kiley heart blocks blue yellow


I decided to pull some yellow and navy fabrics and cut out blocks for Operation Smiley. As much as I love this color combination, I didn't have a lot of choices that read mostly solid. These blocks are so quick and easy to put together!

hand quilting thimble

Sunday we went to Athens to visit My Middle Child, and I got some hand quilting done in the car. This is a quilt made by a friend's mother, and I'm trying to finish it for her. The Pit Boss wonders why I will hand quilt someone else's quilt when I won't even hand quilt my own.  I guess it's because quilting is a gift of love!

sweet hearts disappearing nine patch freemotion quilting

I've also been working on the binding for the Sweet Hearts quilt. I still don't know who it's for, but I'm so happy with the way my FMQing turned out after class with Christa. I'll have to take pictures this weekend if the weather is good.

whiteboard progress tracking

I'm playing around with my whiteboard, trying to decide the best way to keep track of everything. Between this and my design wall, it helps keep me on track so projects don't get buried in the piles.

design wall spider web quilt strings scraps

What are you working on?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...