Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Going to Guild - By Me!

Last night was our June guild meeting, and I did the program!

It was my first attempt at presenting, unless you count that one time where our guest cancelled at the last minute and I scrambled around trying to put together enough information about a 4" block swap to entertain everyone for at least 20 minutes.  Which I don't. 

Everyone was so sweet, even though I was a nervous wreck. I wasn't helped by the fact that I couldn't get the projector to work.  Apparently the cords aren't as "universal" as I'd hoped.  Thank Heaven for Ben, who not only lives just minutes away from our meeting location, but who also loves gadgets and technology at least as much as me, and who had his computer, a flash drive, several cords, and his own projector.  All of which were necessary.  It would have been a quick meeting without him, and I am so grateful.

The program was on social media for quilters, and I really need to thank all of YOU for providing my content.  You have made the online quilting community so rich and diverse and interesting.  You have taught me things I didn't understand and introduced me to technology I'd never used.  You are awesome!

I have to give a special shoutout to those of you whom I specifically mentioned (and linked to in the notes I shared with the audience).  I wish I could have talked about all of you, but went over by about 15 minutes already and have no idea what I would cut out.
I had a blast - at least once the projector problem was solved.  Have any of you ever done a guild program?  What did you talk about?  What would you like to hear about?

Sighing with relief...



1 comment:

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...