Monday, June 6, 2011

In Progress - Extra Wide Back

No, the title is not a reference to my rear end after spending so much time online and on the couch watching the Casey Anthony trial.

The Bear's Graduation quilt top is complete and I did not have enough appropriate fabric in my stash to piece a back, so I took a little road trip over to Tiny Stitches to spend my Mother's Day gift certificate.  When I walked in, the ever-helpful staff asked what I was working on and looking for.  I explained my quest, and was immediately pointed in the direction of a whole display of extra wide fabric intended for backs. 

Is there anything more perfect than this Timeless Treasures Tonga Batik in forest?  Only that it is already extra-wide so I don't have to piece the back.  The icing on the cake was, of course, the gift certificate so it didn't cost me a dime!

I'm off to baste my quilt.  I hope you have a day where everything goes your way!



2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate piecing backs of big quilts. Wide backing fabric is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, what a lovely green it is, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...