Wednesday, May 2, 2018

WiP Wednesday - Hand Work

It's WiP Wednesday, and there's been some actual work this week. And progress.

First, I have a confession to make. I've been cheating on quilting. I mean, I've said all along, "It's not just about the quilts," but usually I was referring to random posts about cooking or my kids or what book I just finished. I'm normally pretty faithful, craft wise. 



But lately I've been...knitting! Something I've been tempted by many times and always managed to resist. Scarves and hats didn't mean anything to me, but now I've met my match. I'm knitting socks.




I've been following the video tutorials from Meanwhile at the Castle, and find it very relaxing. The nice thing is being able to sit on the deck in this gorgeous weather, or in front of the TV at night with The Pit Boss and knit. He's also very encouraging - probably because the socks on my needles are for him!



I have been doing a little quilting, though. I'm finally done with the hand quilting project I took on (more about that on Friday) and am down to the binding. It took a lot of looking and a trip to Thread Bear Fabrics to find the right blue print. It looks like I made bias binding, but the design is on the diagonal. I love the effect and can't wait to show you the finished quilt.

What are you working on? Do you knit? Look for me on Ravelry - I'm QuiltinJenny there too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...