Monday, February 12, 2018

Machine Quilting Monday - Free-Motion Meandering Blog Hop Week 2



Welcome to Week 2 of the Free-Motion Meandering Blog Hop! Kristin, Vicki and I are spending February with Angela Walters's newest book. The blocks I'm showing are all from the Michael Miller quilt that will be on display at QuiltCon with six other Quilts for Cure.


angela walters, quilts for cure, swirl hook, swirl meander, michael miller, aurifil, hobbs batting, free motion meandering, free-motion

This week we're practicing the swirl meander and the swirl hook meander. They aren't that different, but I love the way that little hook helps fill the square spaces. 


angela walters, quilts for cure, swirl hook, swirl meander, michael miller, aurifil, hobbs batting, free motion meandering, free-motion

This design is a challenge for me, but Angela includes much more detailed diagrams and troubleshooting tips in this book, so it's gotten a lot better since I tried the similar one in the last hop. Practice, practice, practice! 


angela walters, quilts for cure, swirl hook, swirl meander, michael miller, aurifil, hobbs batting, free motion meandering, free-motion

I put a lot of swirls on this quilt, and they didn't all meander. The border is all swirls. I love them! Sometimes I feel like they are a little rounder and smoother if I have a little wine, but that might be justification.

Quilt along with us and be sure to share pictures of your progress using the hashtag #freemotionmeandering! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...