Wednesday, January 31, 2018

WIP Wednesday - Michael Miller and Quilts for Cure

Remember when I went to QuiltCon and one of the booths was Michael Miller Fabric and they gave out fabric to make blocks for charity quilts?  



Right. So, the way I understand it, Michael Miller collected the blocks and chose Quilts for Cure as the charity to receive the blocks. HollyAnne (of String and Story and QFC) reached out to #machinequiltingbloghop alum Kristin, Vicki, and me for help piecing the quilts in time to be displayed at QuiltCon 2018 in Pasadena.



The blocks are so cute! 



I am in awe of how creative some people are. 


Michael Miller generously added fabric for sashing, backing and binding along with the blocks, Aurifil sent thread, and Hobbs donated the batting. All I needed to do was get it together. 


Daisy critiques my sashing technique and tries to point out my mistake.
Unfortunately I ignored her.
That's what I've been working on. The top is finished and the quilt is basted. I've stitched in the ditch and am working on quilting the individual blocks. But more on that later!

What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...