Monday, June 4, 2012

Up for Air

It's been a long crazy Spring with absolutely no quilting going on and not much else. What have we been up to while I've been not blogging?

Can't believe it will be my kid next May!
  • Volunteering - way back in August I smiled and raised my hand when they asked for someone to head up the graduation night lock in that the Junior parents put on for the new grads.  Most of the time it was no trouble because we had some awesome committee chairs, but in May it was May-hem!  It went off without a hitch and the kids had a great time, but I'm relieved it's behind me.  






"Not up to code."  YIKES!
  • Remodeling - it started with the leak in the basement, grew a little with a leak in the shower, and ended up being a giant remodeling job that included moving all three kids and both dogs into my parents' house for 8 days.  I'm so happy with the finished work, but was NOT happy on the day they told me my "tile repair" in the master shower was really turning into gutting the bathroom.  All because of some lazy, corner-cutting builder from 17 years ago.   

 
  • Nursing - Gracie was sick almost the whole last week of school with a lingering cold, and Georgie managed to crack one of his toenails up the length of it.  I'm not proud that, when he met me bleeding at the door, my first thought was for my new floors.
Poor George!


No, he's not going to Yale, but who could resist taking the picture?
  • Marking milestones - Gracie celebrated her (and our) last day of elementary school, The Bear is working on his behind-the-wheel time in anticipation of getting his driver's license in October, and Deuce is now officially a senior in high school working on his college applications.  The Pit Boss and I will have been married for twenty years next week and my in-laws will be celebrating FIFTY years in August!  It's all good!



So.  I know Heather got married and Jodi has moved into her beautiful new sewing room house; Ben has also been remodeling and Quilt Dad has been involved in some gang activity.  But what are you up to?



1 comment:

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...