Friday, April 1, 2011

March Book List

Still not on track for my book a week, but hoping to fix that next week while the 2 of 3 kids are on Spring Break.

In March I read:

The Fleet Street Murders by Charles Finch.  This was a book my mother-in-law dropped off saying, "It was okay."  Well, thanks!  I picked it up in desperation one day when I had to go sit for 2 hours at lacrosse practice, and St. Teresa was going to require more attention than I could offer in the school parking lot.  I actually liked this mystery, set in England in the late 1800's. It's the third in a series, but stands alone well enough that you could read it out of order.

Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit by Rich Cleveland.  This was our winter/spring Bible Study, and one of my favorites of the last eleven years!  We got into some incredible discussions about our gifts and talents that is spilling over into next month. 

The Dead of Winter by Rennie Airth.   This was also in the stack my mother-in-law brought over, with only slightly more encouraging reviews.  The setting makes it much more interesting to me, taking place in London during WWII, but it is also the third in a series.  Again, it can stand alone; this is one where I'd actually like to read the others. 

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...