Thursday, December 2, 2010

Going to Guild - Quilts of Valor Part I

There are winners and then there are winners.

I love all of the beautiful quilts that won awards for our guild's challenge; however, in my heart the biggest winners are the quilts donated to our troops.  I wanted to share some of them with you.

First, we have "Houses in the Valley" by Diane.  This is made of soft flannel, and has the same house fabric on the back.  Perfect for a warm welcome home!

Jane mailed this beauty in almost a month early!  Talk about your overachiever!  She got a paint chip with lots of warm gold tones, and managed to include them all with these scrappy yellows in and around the blocks.

Next is one of my very favorites.  Fran made "Home is Where Your Honey Is."  Fran thought the purple was a little feminine, but I immediately thought of the Purple Heart when I saw it. 

Here's a closeup of her gorgeous paint stick bee hive:

Kathy made these houses with their bright red roofs.  I like how this one has the red, white, and blue but in a different mood.

Janie, who came up with last year's Storybook Challenge, created these free form houses and blocks.  Just like Americans - each with their own unique personality!

I'll bring you more in the next few days.  I'd love to know which is YOUR favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...