Thursday, July 16, 2009

better thUrsday? - back on the wagon

Oh, how I've missed you all! And I'm so sorry that I just vanished like that and never followed up on the Princess Protection Program Party - the snapshots are still stuck on the other computer, which isn't cooperating.

I have so much to tell you that it will take several posts. For now I am trying to crawl back up onto the betterU wagon and get my rear in gear.

The bad news, of course, is that I've hardly exercised at all and Daisy hasn't gotten her first good walk (with me - she loves to run with the boys). But that isn't all that much bad news as it turns out.

The good news is that I still have had no fast food or diet Coke. I did walk on the beach and swim and play a lot on our vacation and have somehow managed to lose another half a pound, despite eating birthday cake and pizza and everything else in sight. That's five pounds total since I started. Not exactly a world record for six weeks, but I'll take it.

I am starting with fresh new goals and rewards.
  • Goal: I will do some form of aerobic exercise six days a week. YIKES. I am scared just to type that. You'll learn why in a later post, but I'll bet a lot of you already know.
  • Obstacle: I hate exercise and am lazy as hell.
  • Solution: Keep using motivational rewards to drag me kicking and screaming into better health.
  • Reward: A day with my girls. Two of my best friends couldn't make it to the birthday party, so a day out with them getting our toes done and having lunch will be the perfect carrot to dangle in front of my face when I'm sweatin' like an oldie!
That's it for this quick hit and run. I promise there is more to come - interesting stuff, maybe I'll even mention quilting! Oooh! Aaahhh!

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...