Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Quilt Festival

In case you are living under a rock and haven't heard about Amy's Spring Quilt Festival, then thank you because mine is obviously the only quilt blog you read. Either you know me and don't really care about quilting or - seriously - you need to get out more. There are soooo many other, better blogs that I hope mine will be like when it grows up!

Anyway, I'm late to the party but couldn't resist joining in. While I'd be hard pressed to pick my favorite quilt ever, I decided that my favorite that I could easily find a photo of is my Circle of Love quilt that I made last summer for Piper (can you believe she's almost 1? Me neither!).
I wrote all about it here but the reason I picked it is because it is so bright and happy. Also, because it was made 100% from my stash AND I designed the layout myself. I had always wanted to do a Jacob's Ladder block, but I didn't actually have a pattern for the quilt. I was so pleased with how it all came together, and so happy to pass it along to Piper.

Also, I think the name "Circle of Love" kind of goes with the theme of Amy's quilt festival - all of the different blogs showing off their favorite quilts and linking back to one another is like our own circle of quilting love. But now I'm getting sappy...

So I'm off to lose time daydreaming over all of the other gorgeous quilts. You should really swing by for a look. They are FABULOUS! Thanks, Amy, for pulling it together. You rock!

23 comments:

  1. Oh so cute. I love the green! What a striking quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt, I can see why you chose it as your favorite! The colors are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful quilt Jenny. So bright and cheerful and springy. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! So bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great quilt! I love the colors and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bright quilts. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That green really pops! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What bright cheery colors. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bright colors in this quilt! And the pattern looks so complex - but as I studied it I see it's really not! Looks like one I might be able to handle. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely quilt. I'm sure your daughter loves it too. Such happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always been interested in the Jacob's ladder quilt pattern. Your quilt is a very successful one indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and bright! Love Love Love that green!
    Enjoy this fabulous festival

    ReplyDelete
  13. My idea of why one quilts is so the quilt will bring joy. The colo alone on your quilt make that happen and it is also beautifully pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colours. You did a terrific job with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bright & happy quilts are my faves!

    And thanks for stopping by my blog ~ a family reunion would be a great time to do a hand quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it the colors and design are so fun! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Bright and Happy" is EXACTLY the description I would give. It just makes me smile. How fun it would be to curl up with that quilt on a dreary winter day and read a good book.

    Lovely!!

    And yes, I did the painting above my bed. But I cheated with a good picture, a transparency, and an overhead projector. An old teacher trick!

    Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't you find that your own original patterns are even more enjoyable? The colors are just fabo in this pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like that green. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...