Thursday, March 31, 2011

Just a Few WannaBees

Today was our WannaBees get together, but we had a small group.  Ben showed off his latest creation.  The pictures do NOT do it justice.  I wish you could see in person the many layers of handpainted scales on this dragon.  Mind boggling. 

Jodi and Ben had both taken the Sundance workshop with Frieda Anderson.  I wish I had taken a picture of their work - the bright sunflowers are so cheerful after our 5th day of rain in a row!  Using a wavy blade on the rotary cutter adds so much movement to this quilt.  I can't wait to see them all quilted and embellished.

Lene had a new baby to show off!  For those of you using a reader, click on my blog so you can vote in the new poll.  How many sewing machines do you have?  I have never had more than one at a time (unless you count Gracie's, which I don't.)  I am curious about having different machines for different tasks.

Jodi was working on her blooming nine patch pattern.  This is a quilt I've always wanted to make, but never had the occasion.  I even have the book already, although I think I might have loaned it to Mom. 


I spied this "cheat sheet" with Jodi's work, and thought it was a great way to keep track of so many different fabrics that have a specific spot. 

I spent the lovely hours whipping down the binding on the first of the twin boy quilts. 


I had to fight my machine every step of the way, but more about that in my next update.  All I can say for now is that this one is done, DONE done, with a label. 
What did you sew today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...