It's Menu Plan Monday, and it's the first week of summer vacation. I've been doing a good job of sticking to my healthy meal plan, and I'm down 5lbs in the last three weeks. I want to enjoy summer but stay focused on my goals, so there will probably be as much grilling as the weather allows.
If you are trying to stay motivated to exercise, you should really join us on Twitter. It's funny how many times I'm on the computer, completely uninterested in getting on that elliptical, and someone will tweet about their workout using the hashtag #qhc (Quilters' Health Check) and it will get me lacing up my running shoes.
I'm also a member of My Fitness Pal. My user name is QJ2013 if you want to be friends.
MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter
Our first week of summer is blissfully uncluttered and the weather shows perfectly sunny skies all week. I'm planning lots of simple, healthy dinners that don't require a lot of labor in the kitchen.
- Sunday - Graduation Party at a friend's house
- Monday - Memorial Day Dinner at the lake with my in-laws. I'm making these beautiful skewers with berries from our local farmer's market.
- Tuesday - Grace has an end-of-the-year pool party, so I'm using the crock pot and rice cooker tonight. We'll have the Crock Pot Picadillo that we STILL haven't made (are you sensing a theme?).
- Wednesday - Fishy Wednesday - whatever looks best at Kathleen's Catch today with quinoa and grilled veggies.
- Thurdsay - We're making Pollo Sabroso again with yellow rice and roasted green beans. We had this last week, but it was such a hit and made such awesome leftovers, that it's back on the menu.
- Friday - leftover buffet
- Saturday - tonight we're having the Pit Boss's favorite chicken and veggie kabobs with brown rice.
What's for dinner at your house tonight?